Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Genetic

There's a phrase we use in Ireland that I really love but don't get to use enough because no one understands it in NZ. When you're talking about a person who has a similar trait or mannerism to their parents you say 'Well he/she didn't lick that up off the stones'. Like it's a virus or some kind of bacteria.

I'm not sure why I love it but I do.

Anyway this morning my Mum emailed me and my two sisters about my trip home later this year. Below is an extract:

Have been out practically every night since that mad bitch Mary arrived. So far we have had two 5.30am sessions, and one 6,30am. The birds were singing and it was daylight when we were getting to bed. She was supposed to be going home yesterday, but due to the volcano she obviously couldn't. Just made a booking for her to go home and the earliest flight is next Wednesday
the 28th I will be offline for some time after that, because by then I will be booking in for my liver transplant. The only good thing is that we are now both penniless, so maybe my liver detox can start, and maybe my own liver can regenerate itself.


I think that tells you everything you need to know about my genetic make up.

No comments: