Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekends

I had the best weekend. Although I did have one of those hangovers that makes you want to kill yourself for not realising that shots of whiskey are never, ever a good idea.

Next weekend I will be at a lake engaging in watersports. I have yet to find a watersport I don't enjoy so this should be fun. Hopefully it will be warm fun and not windy, cold, rainy fun. Although that's the kind of fun that can also involve books. I like books too. It is, of course, my job to like books (and make other people like books) but that's not something I have to work hard at.

So, since a few peeps have asked me recently what books they should read, below are some of my picks form the last twelve months or so:

Cutting for Stone
The Solitude of Prime Numbers
The Selected Works of T S Spivet
The Night Book
The Blasphemer
Small Wars

You should read them next weekend.

No comments: