Wednesday, March 24, 2010

End of Summer

Summer is sort of sputtering to an end in NZ. The nights are chilly, the weather is unpredictable. I came to work today in trousers, a top and a denim jacket. By 9.00 I'd taken off the jacket because it was sweltering and I haven't put it back on since. But it's rained a fair bit.

Why am I talking about the weather? Why am I giving you information you can get more succinctly via the met service? Well I'm making the point that it's that funny interim point of the year where your hair style, clothes, shoes and transport plans for the day need to be constantly amended in line with what is currently happening at that very second. Distracting.

Also that as we approach one of the bestest weekends of the year (Easter - it's an extra long weekend at the very end of the summer when no one feels obliged to be doing family stuff so everyone can do pretty much exactly what they like), I'm constantly looking for weather reassurance that it's going to be a stunner.

Dear Weather Gods,

The pressure is on for Easter Weather Gods. Please make it bee you tea full. Or I'll spew. I'm planning to acquire a new sport and it's a weather dependant one. So co-operate please. In return I promise to whinge less about winter this year (helped significantly by having insulation and heating.... and floors, walls and doors for that matter!). I will also not complain if the Irish Summer does not deliver while I am home.

Warm (ha ha) regards

Lozza

PS While I'm talking to you, can you please pass on my thanks to your buddies The Leave Gods for finally getting my annual leave approved today. I really appreciate it.

No comments: