Wednesday, January 06, 2010

2010

We made it folks. For some of us, I expect it was touch and go for a bit. I had a few of my own close shaves, mostly alcohol related. But we scraped through, managed not to die and we've got a whole new sparkly year to have a shot at.

I for one am feeling pretty positive about 2010. I don't generally consider myself a pessimist to be fair and I I'm not trying to say we're fated or anything is pre-destined. But it's sunny out, I'm still on holiday and I'm having a lovely day hanging out in my house with me Ma. So I thought I'd share some good vibes.

If I did believe in 'signs' I'd probably be less positive. I kicked off 2010 vomiting for four days, my Mum's still sick and my poor sisters got shafted by shonky travel agency and ended up taking 40 hours to complete a 26 hour journey home do sub zero Ireland.

I'm not one for new year's resolutions but I do have some big goals for 2010. I won't bore you with the full set but since I've committed to (but failed to achieve) this one before I'll confirm that this year I absolutely, categorically, 100% going to run a half marathon in under two hours.

No comments: