Sunday, July 19, 2009

So...much...news

I have lots to update on but I have not the time to write it all now. Nor, I'm sure, have you the patience to read it. So I'm going to start at the very beginning and try to keep it pithy and see how far I get....

I Got A Heater
You have absolutely no idea how nice this is and what a difference it makes. I can't wait to have a house that isn't open all day letting all the lovely heat I've pumped into it out.

Literally life changing.

I Got A Flatmate
Some of you will have heard of Claire before. Well she's my flatmate again. This is very cool and means I have a person to wander around spotting house changes with in the evening. Although she's currently trekking around the North Island with her friend.

I Had My First Group of People Over
Ok so we had to uncover a sofa and carry it through to sit in the sun room and we ran out of glasses and we didn't really have enough chairs. But it was very cool having people over again. That's the only reason to own a house.

I Was Broken Into
Now this was weird. I got home last night at about 11.00 and was surprised that the lights were off in the house. I was sure I'd left the porch light on. But I toddled off to bed and it was only the next morning after an hour or so of mooching around that I noticed that my brand spanking new window that has been installed in the wall of the sun room, was no longer in the wall of the sunroom but was in fact sitting neatly on my deck, leaning up against the wall of my sunroom. It wasn't smashed or visibly damaged and my first instinct was that one of the tradepeople had taken it out and forgotten to put it back in. This was not the case.

To make a long blog short as possible, the current theory is that they specifically targeted me because my house is clearly a building site, with 'Danger construction underway' signs and a skip the size of Texas in my front garden. The reason we concluded this is because my laptop, camera and ipod were all untouched. And they really did a very neat job of removing the window. Suggesting taht it was a builder/burglar looking for builders' tools. All they did steal in the end was a couple of beers, some wine, a tub of ice cream, some veggie gyoza and some tinned pulses.

Weird.

I Am Staying With A Friend While My Floors get Polished.
Antonia is having me to stay while my floors get sanded and polished. Thanks Lady! The cats have gone into a cattery for the first time in their lives. Sad. But my floors are gettign polished. Hurray.

No comments: