Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's the little things...

So it won't come as a surprise that I'm saying this but... it's a roller coaster. One day you're high as a kite. It's possible that's the paint fumes, but just generally there are certain days that feel... fun. Then other days you just want to have enough money so you can stay in a hotel for a couple of nights. Just so you have somewhere to hang out that isn't your bedroom. Just so you can shower properly. Just so you can get dressed without having to visit three rooms to get your clothes and another to get into them without flashing the neighbours.

And that's exactly it. It's the Little things that wear you down. The tiny particles of dust, the mucky paw print on your last tea towel, having to reset your alarm clock every single day because the power was switched off at some point for some reason or another, having to shower in the dark because there's only a sheer curtain up in the bathroom.

But on the other hand it's the little steps that get you all excited. My bathroom has plaster board on the walls today and that dappled glass stuff that bathrooms should have. My new shower isn't installed but is at least now in the house, as opposed to in storage in my neighbour's garage (thanks Norman!), there is a curtain nailed up over my bedroom window and I finally have a gas heater connected to the gas mains. It's been running for four hours now and it's lifted the temperature of my house from 11 degrees when I got home to a balmy 18 degrees. No mean feat. And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that feels balmy. I'm LOVING it.

Today is a good day.

No comments: