Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 14 - not according to plan

Things are slowly coming to a grinding halt. This is bad.

Basically the two things I've been glibly joking about (the resource consent not being through and Vector being morons) is completely holding up the job.

At the end of this week it will have been six weeks since we submitted the resource consent but since the person looking after it was off sick last week and apparently it needs to go to some committee it's not only not signed off, it's looking like another couple of weeks before it's even likely to have an outcome. That outcome might be 'you can't have a deck or bifolds or change the back of your house in any way'. This would be tricky.

Meanwhile the person I spoke to in Vector when I decided to go ahead with bringing gas in from the street gave me a whole heap of absolute lies about what I needed to do next. This meant that my request wasn't progressed at all for a further two weeks.

Have I mentioned just how cold it is in my house at the moment? My builder says he doesn't know how I'm doing it. My builder. Who shows up to work in shorts and a hoodie when it's five degrees outside.

I will look back on this. I will laugh. It will all have been worthwhile.

Remind me of that.

No comments: