Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Get Skype

Ok so I read Carol's blog and decided to join her campaign. This post is not 100% original but here goes....

GET SKYPE.

You are on a computer of some sort. GET SKYPE.

In the last week I have had three AMAZING conversations. Those conversations where you talk shite. Well sometimes you talk about important stuff. You talk about work and relationships and plans for the future and your cats and the neighbours and you say "Hang on I'm just going to grab a fag/ go to the loo/ get a drink of water". What was amazing was that two of them were with Clare who is in Paris and one of them was with Carol who is in Honduras. It felt like they were in the room though.

I don't know if it's because it's free, I don't know if it's the webcam thing (although I didn't have one for Clare), I don't know if it's because you can wander around and you don't have to hold onto something the whole time. I suspect it's all that and more.

We had a yack.
A chat.
We talked shite.
For hours.
You didn't think, "Oh I won't go into the details of the weekend because this is costing [someone] squillions." I just talked about it.

I LOVE it
I LOVE it

And I feel like I can really, genuinely, properly be in touch with people who I got used to missing the tangible presence of.

So please, if you are reading this blog and don't live in NZ, get skype. And then let me know.

2 comments:

Shazzle said...

Hello!

We're all Skype-ed up now, and I'm quite excited at the idea of a webcam, so as I said to El Carol, I'll email you with times and dates and that - what's the time diff again?!

Brilliant!

Chispa said...

Yes! Yes! YES!!!

That's all I have to say on the matter.