Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stupid week

The stupid week continued .... and so did my saga with my alleged braodband provider. I was supposed to get my modem last week and then call on Saturday to set it up. But the modem didn't show so the following conversation took place:

Me: Hi, I haven't received my modem
Broadband person: Let's have a look. It was delivered
Me: Well I haven't received it
Broadband person: Well it was delivered.
Me: (Verify they have the correct name, address etc) Nope it hasn't shown up
Broadband person: Well according to the file it was delivered at 11.15 on Wednesday
Me: ....
Broadband person: Hang on I'll check with the courier company.... Thanks for holding, they're not there but according to the file it was delivered at 11.15 on Wednesday.
Me: (slightly angry) I'm not here at 11.53 during the day, neither is my flatmate. I cleared the mail that night and it wasn't there. I am now standing in front of my letterbox and it's not there. It may have been delivered but it's not here.
Broadband person: Is there a delivery card from the comapny?
Me: No
Broadband person: Well I can leave a message for the courier company but I'm not on again until Monday at 12.00. so...
Me: (speaking in very clipped tones to illustrate that despite her not being at work until 12.00 on Monday I am NOT letting her off the hook). What do you think I should do?
Broadband person: I'll log a call with the courier company and call you back on Monday...

Cut to Monday

Broadband person: Hi I checked with the courier company and it was delivered at 11.53 on Wednesday.
Me: (Through clenched teeth). Well I didn't get it.
Broadband person: Was there a card from them?
Me: (Pause to dwell on the thought that I work for the same group of companies as this person and so would not struggle to track her down and have this conversation in person). No.

After further conversation backwards and forwards, we agreed that she would order another one to be sent to my work address this time, where there would be someone to receive it and she would credit me $5.23 which is exactly four days of broadband usage taking me to Tuesday.

It still hasn't shown up.

I have my angry face on.

No comments: