Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back in New Zealand

I'm home! Again.

It's good to be back although it's not good to no longer be in Dublin. The weather is better here though!

It does appear that I have left my brain in Dublin however. I have reached this conclusion based on the following incidents:

I really wanted to buy perfume while I was travelling. I need some and I really wanted to get it duty free. So I found some I wanted in Dublin Airport just as they called my flight. In a rush I brought it up to the till and paid for it and hopped on my flight. When I got to Auckland and opened the box what I found I had purchased was this:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P167638&categoryId=B70

For $100. I. Hate. It.

But I wasn't finished there. In Hong Kong Airport they were doing a two for one special on Pashminas. They were HK$1050 each. Brilliant I thought. I applied my advanced currency conversion skills. Two geniune pashminas for $50.

No. Try $200.

Brilliant.

But wait. There's more.

Yesterday I was in a pay and display car park trying to text to park. After four attempts I realised that it wasn't working because it was a VODAFONE text to park and I have a TELECOM mobile. Rocket science. so then a gent wandering by said he still ahd an hour of parking left and he was leaving. Did I want it? Oh yes I did.

So what this meant was that I should follow him to his car, get the ticket and display it on the dash of my car.

What I actually did was run away from him to the other end of the car park where my car was and hop in it because somewhere in my brain I had decided that I needed to be in his actual space. I realised my mistake about half way between my space and his. He was at the car park exit. Feeling flustered and embaressed, I hopped out of my car, ran up to him and said... wait for it..."I'm such a blonde".

No Lorraine. You're not. You have red hair.

So now the guy is thinking that I'm not only stupid, I'm also deluded.

Got home and opened up my brand new laptop (I have a new lap top). I called a broadband provider from the land line to set up my internet access on it. They asked me if I was plugged into the phone socket and I said no but I'll do it right now. Once I pulled the phone jack out of the wall to put in the internet cable I realised my mistake. I tries to call them back on my mobile but I'd made the call at 8.55, they close at 9.00 and it was now 9.05. So I missed them

Seriously. I'm eating fish every day but it's not doing that brainfood thing it's supposed to. Anyone got any other ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving the spam posts! It is a great site though. Rane, hurry up and post again! I'm determined to post every day for the entirety of 2007 (although it might just end up being the entirety (is that a word) of January 2007). Come join my quest (is it a quest?) (I'm not sure it is).

Many thanks!

Shazzle