Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Formal feedback process

Well hello there folks and sorry for the delay. But when we've wifi or access to internet we're generally trying to figure out the next bit of the trip. Now that we're almost all the way figured out, I can actually update on some of it.

And in true corporate wanker style I thought I'd do a wee Stop Start Continue on India to give you an overview of what's good, what's bad and what's needed. Here goes.

So hey, India, thanks for making the time to meet and run through your performance to date. There were big expectations set at the start of this process so half way through I thought a little debrief on how we're both doing is in order. You're doing an incredible job and overall I'm delighted with how it's going but I wanted to document a few small things so we both know what we need to work on, and keep doing from here.

India, here are some things that need to stop.

Please stop beeping horns when you are literally three inches from my face. I will jump every time, I will feel like a dick every time, I will say something unladylike. Every time.
Please stop surreptitiously filming and photographing us. We're happy to be in your photos and videos when you ask. Very happy. But it's creepy when we catch you doing it sneakily.
Please stop the hocking. It makes me gag like you would not believe. Which I realise is sort of ironic. If you really, really need to clear your entire respiratory system in one hit, and it seems that you constantly do, please find a soundproof chamber to do it in. And please note, the next table in the restaurant I'm eating Palak Paneer in does not qualify.

India, here are some things that need to start.

Please begin some kind of waste management system. Human, animal, hazardous, recyclable... You name it; You need it.
Please begin a road improvement initiative. I saw someone washing an elephant in a pot hole puddle today. That is absolutely not a joke.
Please consider constructing internet cafes that are bigger than a fridge. Trust me, us foreigners will stick around longer when our noses don't touch the screen and the exhaust fan from the computer isn't melting our toe-nail varnish.

India, this is the nice bit. Which is why we pop it on the end. Here are the things you need to continue.

Please continue creating the most incredible food I have ever had at the most outrageously cheap prices. Two drinks and massive, delicious thallis for $4 today - love your work. I thought I'd get sick of curry every day, up to three times a day. I was deluded beyond all measure. I thought about putting 'add another time in the day for curry' in the Start section.
Please continue to have the best train system for practically nothing in the world. 13 hours in air con for $7.50? That's outstanding - go you!
Please continue to be exactly as diverse, fascinating, beautiful, shocking, funny, friendly, haggley, musical, spiritual, generous and amused by foreigners as you currently are- you've got it just right.

1 comment:

Chispa said...

Nice. Now I really really want to go to India. Thanks for the virtual tour: perfectly evoked!