Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Making an effort

Every now and then I get told off for being slack at updating this. It immediately inspires me to write more. Can you all please get together and take it in turns to remind me, say once a week. Then you'll never need to get angry again.

Anyway, on with the post. I went to this at the weekend. It was great. I recommend it.

What surprised me was the ratio of food to wine. Wine far, far, far outstripped the food. Which was nice. I had stuff to do that night so I couldn't take full advantage of the range on offer but next year I'm going to book out my diary for a solid 36 hours and really go for it.

In other news my half marathon training is going badly. I've been doing this thinking that this plus a long run on the weekend would see me all set. That is not the case. My strength is better, my stamina is shot to shit. Also I think I'm nudging a quad, calf AND knee injury and worried about writing myself off totally. Or I could just need new trainers.

Jesus. I'm boring myself.

I will reflect on what needs ranting about and be back soon. Honest folks.

No comments: