Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 17 - Yes. I know that.

Ok so maybe, just maybe, I am pandering for a little sympathy. Perhaps I have mentioned to people that I'm a little cold. I may have pointed out that it's a new level of HARD to make it to work (a) fully dressed and (b) not covered in dust. It is possible that I have highlighted that as a slight clean freak, it's a little stressful living in a house where everything is always filthy and one whole room is literally piled to the four metre high rafters with stuff. Potentially I've been banging on that it's tricky to maintain a normal life when your shower floods every morning, your roof is leaking, you have to visit every room in the house to pull together an outfit and you're not sure what room you'll be sleeping in tonight...

But yes. I realise:

"It will be great when it's finished"
"It's much better to do it all in one go"
"It will be so much warmer next winter"

That's why I'm doing it. You don't need to say that. What you should say is: "Lorraine. You are amazing. I could never in a million years do what you are doing. Because I live a life of luxury in my house that isn't being renovated. You are incredibly strong and possibly the bravest person I've ever met. Let me buy you dinner."

No comments: