Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Post travel blues

So I've been home for a couple of months now and I've got back into 'things'. Work, pets, friends, doing housework etc.

Now this is obviously stating the obvious, but I REALLY REALLY miss travelling. In a tangible, physical yearning kind of way. It's not about being on holiday. It's not about not loving NZ. It's certainly not taht I can't wait to get away from friends and colleagues in this country, It's that I just want to be on the road again. Indefinitely. Is that so unreasonable?

I have had a number of thoughts about how this might be achieved (clearly I've been giving it a lot of thought). I could look for a job that will involve lots of travel. I could pack everything up and volunteer overseas. There's never going to be a better time to do it - single, relatively debt free, no kids. Well......

Except for Puck and Pinot.

And that's what's keeping me here. I would feel like I was abandoning my cats. I'm sure i could find a loving temporary home with someone who they know and trust (possibly Alex) but is that really good enough?

Poo. I really want to travel.

No comments: