Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Already sick of it

I do love NZ. I really really do. I've even attempted to get a little bit into the national sport- rugby. I have attended two test matches. That's double the number soccer games I have atended having grown up with a dad who was soccer CRAZY.

But I am already thoroughly, utterly, totally, completely, 110% SICK of the fucking Rugby Wolrd cup. Every day the newspapers and TV and radio news programmes are full full full of All Blacks. They've arrived in Europe, they've had photo opps with footballers even how fricken long it would take a room full of hackers to break their training code.

In the meantime several finance companies have tipped over leaving hundreds of people who had saved for early retirement with nothing, the PM is in an all out fight with a former PM, Australia and Air NZ, an Iranian refugee almost starved himself to death to protest his deportation and th paper is full of photos of the (admitedly stinking hot) swimming All Blacks

No comments: