Friday, June 09, 2006

Cat skills

One of my cats, Pinot, has discovered that: to get into my room she has to lean up against my bedroom door and scrabble her heart out. To get out of my room she has to lie on her side, stick her paw under the gap and pull it towards her. This means the following:

  • She no longer worries about trailing around after me like a puppy. She can come and find me when she needs me. My opposable thumb is no longer of any use to her.
  • The heater in my room that costs me eight million dollars a month to run is useless. She will let the heat out as soon as I fall asleep/leave the room/fail to pay her sufficient amounts of attention.
  • Changing clothes/ getting dressed takes on a whole new speed/agility/vigilance requirement when there is any one else in the house.

No comments: