Sunday, May 28, 2006

1982 Jaguar XJ6

The thing about driving a 1982 Jaguar XJ6 is that it's very tempting to spend every single penny you earn making it even more gorgeous.

Just before Alex gave it to me the back of the driver's seat collapsed. Dramatically. While he was driving up he motorway at Jag speed (which is not the statutory 100 KMPH). Eventually we got a new seat for it (it's like waiting for a new liver for your child - you're thankful for it when it comes but you feel guilty hoping for it too much because it means that someone elses' child had to die).

Eventually another XJ6 with navy leather seats carked it though and it was game on. And I got the new front seat and it was bee you tee full. And I wanted all of my seats to match it. So I asked the guy about the rest of the seats from the recently deceased and he named his price. It wasn't an exorbitant price but was in the middle of my intensive chiropratoring and so I only went to get them today.

But he didn't install them.

I didn't realise but the last time when he did, he was doing me a favour. So now I am driving my car around with seats in the back seat.

This is silly.

No comments: