Friday, October 23, 2009

No more booze?

This is what happened after the last post:

Monday night: Book launch, two vodka cocktails. It was at the 42 Below bar. Come on.
Tuesday night: Movie night courtesy of The Heritage Hotel Group, three glasses of bubbles. Then on to catch up with Antonia and pals in Cosh, glass of Pinot Noir.
Wednesday: Definitely taking this no booze thing seriously. No booze.
Thursday: Leaving drinks for a colleague. By some gargantuan effort manage to restrict myself to half a glass of Pinot Noir. Victory lap around the building completed. Go on to dinner with D&B. Decline wine. I am a pillar of self discipline and restraint. But then they weren't drinking either.
Today: A radio station is taking me to lunch. There will be an offer of booze. If the client (me) says no, they will feel they should say no. This seems like a churlish thing to do to your hosts on a Friday afternoon.

And then it's Labour weekend. Three whole nights where you don't have to get out of bed and go to work the next day. Gawd.

Can I do it?
Can I?

I'm not sure I want to to be fair.

Ah yes, the catch call of the alchie in denial.

Not that I'm an alchie. In denial.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so did you do it?!?!?! Dee x

Rane said...

I can't remember for sure now but I think I did. Let's say 'yes'.