Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Day 22 of the renovations, Day five of Detox - Reality Bites

Ok ok ok I know, all renovations go over budget. But do you know what's really frustrating? Mine's not going over budget because of some shonky builder or dodgy contractor. It's not even because when they ripped something out they discovered unexpected or unbudgeted for rot, leaks or any other issues.

It's all my fault. You see I want nice things but what I didn't do is add up all of the nice things to a total to see how much all of the nice things were going to cost me. Outcome = currently I'm $20k short on the expected total spend. $20k!! Oopsie.

Fuck detox, I could go on hunger strike and still not make up that shortfall. so when I went to my dentist today (I bit down on an alleged 'pitted' olive to find out that it had been falsely advertised) and he told me I needed to spend $1500 on a crown, I didn't even blink. Well actually I did blink and then said. "That's a freakin' dishwasher!!!". I'm not sure that made a lot of sense to Roger but he's an amiable sort and he took it in his stride. The point is, that in the scheme of things $1500 doesn't make a huge difference either way. I'm financially screwed.

Want to hear the best part? Because it's a very little tooth, he wants me to get a gold cap because they're stronger! A gold cap!!! Told you i always end up withe the fanciest option in the room.

At least I can develop my gansta rappa career and hopefully recoup some renovation costs.

No comments: