Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Rennovation Blog begins

I got told off on the weekend so I'm getting back into it. And what a way to get back into it:

It's the 'Renovation Quote of the Day'

My house is cold. I have written this about other houses in other blogs. This is definitely up there. This is down to no insulation, no heating and walls made out of wood. That's right international peeps who still read this blog. I have a few bits of wood between me and the elements. Like those huts we built in summer but then abandoned in winter because why on earth would you subject yourself to that level of cold for several months?

Welcome to NZ.

Anyway, there is a list of things that I am doing to attempt to address this issue:

1. Using heaters: This only works if your wiring isn't a hundred years old. I plugged two heaters into one socket and it sort of melted. My fuses are also 100 years old so it didn't just trip. It melted. This socket no longer works. Leaving one other socket in my lounge for telly, dvd player, broadband, sky, laptop and the cool lamp I rescued form the garage of some crazy half way between Aucks and Rotorua.
2. Getting insulation. This is underway but first I have to sort my wiring so the insulation can go in around it.
3. Getting gas fired heating installed. You see, first I need to get gas. Two options
(A) Get gas bottles
(B) Get gas plumbed from the street.
I am endeavouring to find which of these is the best and most cost effective option. To this end I have phoned the gas company about eight times. In fairness one of those times was me calling back because although the project manager looking after my 'quote' said 'please leave a detailed message' his answering machine cuts you off after 15 seconds. Clearly Andrew C does not live a detailed life

And neither does the receptionist (we're getting closer to the quote of the day)

I called today because neither Andrew nor anyone else has responded to my eight day old request for information that would help me to make the above decision. I asked to speak to Andres C but instead the receptionist put me through to Aaron C.

When I called back she immediately apologised, "I'm so sorry, I put you through to a slightly different person"

Em... what? How can one other human being be 'slightly different' to another, entirely other human being??

They have the same initials, possibly the same role within Vector (the company in question). Maybe they're the same age and have similar likes and dislikes, but at the end of it all they are ENTIRELY different people.

Especially for my purposes which is to shout at Andrew C that he should sort his F%^&ing Sh!t out and send me a fricking quote for having gas installed. For Chrissakes.

B@sT@rds.

No comments: