Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 3

Wow. I mean I was pretty excited before all of this kicked off but it's just getting better and better.

Some favourite reno moments so far (since starting the repiling)
1. Going into my bedroom and shutting the door behind me for the very first time because now that the house is straight the door fits in the hole. Shame I didn't have a handle at the time and so couldn't get back out. Had to jump out the window (note to self, the right shoes are important in this, plimsolls don't cut it).
2. Showing the builder that most of the plasterboard in the lounge is fine and shouldn't need replacing, only to spot the MASSIVE damp patch from my roof that just started leaking on Day 1.
3. Getting my first kitchen quote. $15,000 more that I was planning to spend.
4. The mucky paw prints everywhere now that the cats realise they don't have to subject themselves to the indignity of a cat flap via a concrete path, they can come up through the holes in the floor, via the dirt under the house
5. Calling my builder urgently to tell him the deck's still not consented so to get on with other stuff to be greeted with, "Hey Lorraine was just going to text you to tell you we got the concrete poured for the deck before it started raining".

I'll pop some photos up on the weekend.

No comments: