Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bugger

So if you were reading this blog many, many months ago, you'll know that the carefully ignored, two decade old back injury* had resurfaced and I was seeing a chiropractor often enough to put his troop of perfect postured children through school, university and probably rehab if required.

And then I got ok again so I stopped seeing anyone. Great approach don't you think?

Anyway recently I have been leading a stressful existence. Very stressful. I'm not going to explain why. If you know me well enough to want to know but don't already, you know me well enough to either ask me in person or via skype/email/phone the next time we communicate that way.

Anyway, The stress had meant that my back was getting sore again and I probably needed to do something about it. Like some neck excercises and maybe seeing a chiropractor once a month for a bit.

Then on Wednesday, I was on my way from stress causing scenario one to stress causing scenario two. I was in a bit of a rush as in between I had to pick up my car from the garage and have a chat with the gleeful man who was gleeful because he had identified about $600 of work that needed to be done on my car by him. This conversation had taken longer than expected and I was late.

So I was zooming up Mt Eden Road behind a lady who was driving one of those giant 4X4s that absolves the driver of any need to consider safety at any point in their driving career. She illustrated this luxury by breaking SUDDENLY to take Entrance One into the church she had just about driven past as opposed to Entrance Two which was five metres further up the road. Full of the knowledge that if I rear ended someone, even someone as blatantly FUCKING PIG SHIT STUPID as this Sherman Tank driving gobshite, I would be the one at fault, I broke SUDDENLY. There were screeching tyres, there was an adrenalin flood, there were tensed muscles and gritted teeth, there was copious swearing. But there was no crash.

Until the lady behind me ran into the back of me causing my body to react like the crash test dummies you see on the telly.

Anyway the conclusion is that I am back in physiotherapy. She couldn't really see what I had damaged as all of the soft tissue surrounding it was 'Just all horrible' (her exact, and often repeated, phrase). Comforting.


*I am putting a disclaimer here for Shazzle who I know reads this blog. I won't make a big deal of this but I want to acknowledge that any back injury of mine, subsequent pain and/or inconvenience and whinging, is minor minor minor and insignificant.

1 comment:

Shazzle said...

Jesus missus, I was just reading all of that and totally feeling your pain, and then got to the disclaimer at the end and laughed my ass off.

All I can tell you, as a freaking expert at all of it, is that physio works a bloody wonder, as does regular pilates once the physio is finished.

Oh, and valium by the shed load.

God love you though, you make sure you look after it all. To have an injury on top of an existing complaint is just no fun at all.